The Girl of My Dreams

>> Thursday, November 24, 2005

Have you ever seen THE ONE? As you listen to her talk she exudes something that makes her simply glow. Her enthusiasm for life, the gospel, her career, and everything of good report that comes within twenty miles of her train of thought overpowers even the darkest moments and leaves you breathless waiting for the next radiant beam of light to hit you?

Not only does she have that personality that blows your socks off and leaves you hungry for more, but she also has a body that puts Aphrodite and Venus to shame. You know the girl I'm talking about? The one who everyone is secretly in love with because she is amazing in every possible way? I found one of those today.

And I hate it. I hate it beyond all possible measure of thought, I know that no matter how hard I try I will never be an equal for that yoke. Push, prod, cajole all I want, I will never get my tongue, thoughts, and body in line enough to rise to such a seraphic state. So instead I will continue to dream that sad, lonely dream where I am the kind of guy she would be interested in, my 6.5 looks have turned into an Adonis-like 9.5, my wit an study in precise incision, my honor unimpeachable, my kindness the highest benevolence, my love-magnanimous. Yes, that is the dream that I will dream tonight.

And I shall be thankful for it while clinging ever more tightly to the hope, someday I might actually get there. Yes, thank you--LORD--for hope.

-C

5 comments:

Anonymous Friday, November 25, 2005 at 12:18:00 AM GMT-7  

Hmm...signed it with a C this time.

Unknown Friday, November 25, 2005 at 9:20:00 AM GMT-7  

Yes, on purpose. The signature is an important part of my posts. Depending on what it is a different part of me wrote it. :)

Panini Monday, November 28, 2005 at 3:55:00 PM GMT-7  

Wouldn't it be so lovely to be that person...that's my dream. :)

Krystal Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 8:27:00 AM GMT-7  

*sighs* I concur with panini

Anonymous Wednesday, November 30, 2005 at 9:40:00 AM GMT-7  

My roommate who has class with you told me about the car-incident. Are you okay?

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP