Vents? VENTS? VENTS!?!?!?

>> Tuesday, January 06, 2009

So, I came home from Florida and enjoyed a weekend of doing little or nothing, before I was forced into the school life once again. Monday started out innocently enough... class and then home in the driven snow. During this time I came to think that perhaps my tennis shoes were defective, as my feet were much cooler than they were supposed to be, still I didn't think too much about it.

Until that evening. When I had to excavate my car. Before Florida I went to my friend's cabin... and then to the airport. All in all my car hadn't been driven in 3 weeks. Three weeks of snow. This is when I discovered why my feet were cold. Apparently my tennis shoes, in an effort to make allow the feet to breath, have vents in the top. The vents are covered in a thin mesh, snow gets through thin mesh, wet socks are not fun. I went bowling with my ward, met a good friend I hadn't seen in several years while I was waiting for everything to start up. Wagered with the twins that they couldn't beat my score, they now owe me dinner. Well... one of them does, the problem is I'm not exactly sure which. O.o

Thank you for giving me back an appreciate for snow, It's been coming down pretty hard lately, straight since Saturday evening really. I have a winter wonderland to play in, and it is fabulous. Another interesting story... today while I was cooking dinner I started to sing, "I will survive," my room-mate Justin started to whistle along with me. Austin started dancing. Chad started snapping his fingers, and the new guy (whose name I cannot for the life of me remember) started pounding the floor. It felt like a musical all of us just started in on the song and carried it through the entire length. It was amazing.

1 comments:

Unknown Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 10:21:00 AM GMT-7  

sounds like you need some good winter boots. i just ordered some :) they should arrive today, and i'm pretty excited. 3 pairs for $175...all on sale! yay i love shoes.
www.endless.com is now my favorite website.
yes, i know i'm kinda intruding on your letter not to me. but, i'm going to act like i don't care, cuz i don't! :)
I will survive is the kind of song where i just sing the chorus over and over again because i can't remember the verses.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP