Letter: Service and God's Love

>> Thursday, January 15, 2009

Today I was asked to traverse the distance from work to Sandy, and then back again.

It was something I jumped at, because I don't often have work to do at work, so it's nice to have a two hour chunk of time that is given meaning. While on the way there...

I saw some of the coolest houses in one of the coolest neighborhoods that I've ever been to. It was neat to see all the very unique houses they were all newly built but still had a lot of the pre-existing life around them. So these nice ancient trees and stuff. I loved it. Also, I managed to see a motorcycle with two rear wheels. A trike if you will. It was cool.

Life has been rather hectic lately... I'm know I haven't told you this directly, but I'm not a very good student. So I've been trying to arrange a lot of things with the school and make sure doing all that planning stuff. It's taken a lot out of me and I don't really want to disclose the details but know that all is finally right in the world. That's the reason I haven't had any really interesting stories to tell you. The whole school thing has been chomping away at me and it takes a toll on my facilities.

Thank you for helping me get my feet on the path again, it's the hardest when you don't even realize you were off.

I hope you are enjoying your time in Spain. I'm sure it must be beautiful, but then there is a beauty in life everywhere you look, so long as you are actually looking. Today I was reading my teachings of the living prophets pamphlets and I came across a quote by Joseph Smith that I absolutely loved, it reads: "Whatever God requires is right, no matter what it is, although we may not see the reason thereof until long after the events transpire." I was pondering this as I walked home from school and when I got home there was a friend of mine who made known to me that she was having a difficult time so I quoted the text to her. As we talked she stated the things that I needed to hear, the things that God wanted me to hear. In return I was able to give her the words of comfort she was craving at that time. I love how the Lord allows us to help others and in doing so gives us so much in return.

I am so very grateful for the Spirit, for living prophets, I don't know what I would do without them. Every time I wander the Lord sends his angels to bring me back. How comforting the knowledge that the Saviour loves me and is mindful of me every moment. It gives me the strength to carry on, it gives me the hope to endure and the peace to do it well.

4 comments:

Unknown Friday, January 16, 2009 at 9:28:00 AM GMT-7  

I heard Ben and Steven talking about sending someone to sandy, i wished they would pick me...but i think i'm too expensive.

Unknown Friday, January 16, 2009 at 9:43:00 AM GMT-7  

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that there were several 'bored' people there that are monetary units smaller to send on a courier service for two hours.

Unknown Friday, January 16, 2009 at 10:00:00 AM GMT-7  

but not many, i can assure you, i'm pretty much at the bottom of the totem pole

Krystal Friday, January 16, 2009 at 1:46:00 PM GMT-7  

that is a great quote. I wish more people would take that to heart. Actually, I need to take that more to heart.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP