Letter: 1-25

>> Monday, January 26, 2009

Last week as I was leaving a game night from my friend's house I walked out the door and looked up, a three point deer was probably 20 feet away from me just... walking down the sidewalk like it was made for him. It was one of those quiet moments when life just seems to slow down and everything comes down to the here and now. It was amazing and I followed it down the sidewalk for about half a block before it got spooked by a car and ran away.

The rest of the week was filled with homework, I had a bunch of labs that were due during the middle of the week, one in particular that got real close to the deadline, worked on it all Monday and some of Tuesday (it was due Thursday) and couldn't get some of the bugs worked out, so I was approaching what everyone had said was the hardest part of the lab on Thursday afternoon, I had about 3 hours before work and was actually planning on skipping some of that if need be. But lo and behold! I got in there and everything just... worked it was great. I managed to get rid of the last few pesky bugs and programing the I/O aspect of the lab in about an hour and a half. Thus leaving me with an unprecedented hour of free time which I used to explore the Talmage, it's under renovation in the basement so several of the doors to 'service' areas were opened and I got to explore down there in the furnace room and stuff. It was a lot of fun.

On Friday I did more homework and work, at work I'm mostly on a project for in development working on getting a Standard Development Kit(sdk) for blackboard integrated into our current course content creation systems. Basically... just me fighting against blackboard propitiatory requirements. It's awesome fun.

But that evening I went to a play called "Rabbit Hole" which was really interesting. It is about a couple that loses their son to an accident (dog chases squirrel into street, son chases dog into street, car swerves to avoid dog, hits boy) and how they deal with the grief of it all.

It made me so very grateful for the gospel, and the ability to have families sealed together. Yes, I suppose there is still a grieving process but if you have faith in the gospel you don't have to feel like they have been stripped away from you, or anything. You get that assurance that everything is in God's hands and we just simply have to let him take the burdens we carry from us and all will be well.

0 comments:

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP