French Bashing

>> Sunday, October 02, 2005

Gargh, I just posted a wonderfully long post....and I apparently wasn't logged in and lost it. To the last edge of oblivion to you blogger! I will now attempt to recreate.

In an effort to find some sort of meaningful world accomplishment of the French I went in search of some sort of good thing I could bring up in parties...you know something that I could use to make those French people feel at ease and well liked in America since they obviously saw the error of their ways and are now...here.

So in accordance with this my desire I retired to a grove of trees near my home that I might offer up...whoops sorry. So I went looking. I would like you to join me in the steps that led to my renewed appreciation of French life. First stop? Google. Next step? Type in, "French Military Victories." Now simply click the, "I'm feeling lucky!" button and you will see the same beautiful result that met my eyes. Click the link. You will discover a treatise on French military efforts for the past two millennia. I do so hope you enjoy.

Of particular import I'd like to mention the two basic laws of French warfare:

Rule 1: French forces can only be victorious when led by non-French leaders. (Attributed to Joan of Ark, who was sainted for her discovery)
Rule 2: French forces can only win a war when America does most of the Fighting. (Attributed to the result of the American Revolution, but can be epitomized in both world wars, panama and Korea.)

Also a wonderful jab at the Maginot line. Ahh such wonders to the avid French lover like myself.

In other news: I consumed 4 kilos of chocolate and 1.75 gallons of ice cream over the weekend. I'm likely to get a headache. The reason? I've given up on SHE for good this time. I need something more out of life, but still I think I'll go eat some more chocolate and throw myself into my studies, something that has been suffering for the past few weeks. Nevermore!

--Asmond

4 comments:

Braden Monday, October 3, 2005 at 1:03:00 PM GMT-7  

Hah, that's fantastic. Thanks.

Krystal Monday, October 3, 2005 at 4:08:00 PM GMT-7  

I love it! Next time you eat that much ice cream call me! I'm an avid social eater when it comes to ice cream :)

Anonymous Monday, October 3, 2005 at 11:40:00 PM GMT-7  

1.75 gallons...yum. I love ice cream.

Yes, my studies have also been suffering. I've got to stop being sad and starting getting good grades!

Jokey Smurf Wednesday, October 5, 2005 at 11:57:00 PM GMT-7  

kilos? how mush is that in real ammounts? you are your crazy sci-fi measurements....

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP