To michigan

>> Monday, May 02, 2005

Well, after a few delays and some car problems I'm here in Michigan installing security systems. I don't really have a computer with access to the net...we are currently hijacking some poor schmuck's wireless connection on our labtops...and by our I mean my roomies...It feels somewhat illegal but at the same time...*shrugs* It suits our purposes and we won't be staying here that long. We're going to be moving come Friday so that J and M and I can all live in the same place. J and I are currently living together and M basically lives here...although he does sleep elsewhere.

It was a fun few days, We were going to leave early Sunday Morning, but M didn't register his car and we were forced to make a few delays. So, Monday morning about noon we finally managed to make our exit and I left for my first real trip away from home, the mission excepted. It's kinda strange, I've always had someone to fall back on, parents, the Mission Pres., but here...there isn't anyone to come to the rescue and I have to do everything on my own.

It's really strange...but I'll talk about the trip here a little, at Novel's request.

We managed to get as far as North Platte, (the entire trip here I felt like I was playing Oregon Trail....backwards and in a car, I kept waiting for a little screen to pop up asking how I'd like to cross the river, hire the indian or ferry the boat. So...in North Platte J and M convinced me that staying in the cars would be a bad thing and we got a Hotel for the night. THEN, we started driving the next morning, and for some reason we didn't manage to make it the 200 miles to Omaha until like...3, and we visited M's brother and sister. About five we left and decided to try and make it the rest of the way to Grand Rapids that night. Everything was going fine, minus a few wrong turns by those who are less excellent map readers than I, right up until we left Chicago. With only two hours left on our jounry and it being 2:00 in the morning on Thursday, I, while trying to read the map and drive ran into something on the road.

We pulled over looked, but couldn't see any damage. Right up until I got off the toll road and realized that my power steering wasn't working and my battery light was out--We think something hit my power steering belt, snapped it and then it hit my serpentine belt and caused it to get off the cogs, thus causing the alternator to stop working. We took a hotel for night two and I waited for someone to die, because I was angry enough to shoot a whole freaking herd of buffalo. The next morning we woke up five minutes after we were supposed to check out of the hotel and quickly grabbed everything and ran. We managed to get the serpentine belt on and drive the remaning two hours, I without power steering. And went to work, we did two installs that night--returning home at 1:20 in the morning. From then until Sunday morning I don't remember much, just lots of driving, wire twisting and drilling.

I'm doing fair to decent at the learning curve and know more than quite a few of the other Tech's, just need to work on speed now.

Sunday we went to church and I met a guy who knew my Grandpa(my dad grew up here in Michigan) that's kinda weird. We then passed the rest of the day playing video games and strumming. Monday was a bore, we didn't get a job until about 8 o'clock--so I played a lot of some weird old RPG that J had lying around in his game case. And we went to the mall--which is pitifully small and disappointing--and my Boss hit on...somewhat less attractive non-members. And then the guy whose home I was in smoked constantly and HAD to sit there and watch and ask questions while I worked. Slow me down, give me a headache and be annoying!!!!

Anyway, life is good, I'm tired, and enjoying the money. I miss ya'll tons and wish I could just transport you here and we could party all day...but...*sighs* Oh well.

-Asmond

1 comments:

Wiggle Wednesday, May 4, 2005 at 6:33:00 PM GMT-7  

I am glad that life in Michigan is treating you well. I miss you too. To bad you can't transport people, because if I have the money, and time I can throw really great parties. It's true. Don't believe me? Ask the Smurfs. ;)

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP