True Honesty

>> Monday, February 14, 2005

You know, as I've been thinking about this and what it means to me, I've wondered about a lot of things. Why do I write these? Is it because I want someone to see it and think, "WOW!" Or is it because I want to sort out my thoughts? Well, as I'm in a habit of trying to keep myself honest by revealing the truth to all who seek... I've decided to make this more of a personal mind exploration forum. So sit back and enjoy the ride. Welcome to my thoughts.

These past few days I've been wondering a lot about the meaning of life and why I do the things I do. Today I was talking to H and I made an offhand comment about only drunks appreciating cricket. She asked if I was drunk often. I said no, and she made a comment that it seemed out of character for me to do such a thing. Well, it got me thinking, what is my character? What is the me that people see? That on top of the pondering why I do things has got me doing some heavy thinking. I'm going to try and say why I do things...and then I'll ponder what other people see me as.

Why do I do things? Why do I go to church? Go to school? Date? Talk to people? Read books, write papers, hang out with friends, watch movies, listen to music? As for church, I think I have to, sadly, admit that I do it because it's partly habit. But mostly I go because I like how I feel when I'm there, I enjoy the friendshiping, I enjoy the friendly faces, I enjoy who I am, and I enjoy the spirit that is in me. I know I should be going to church because I love it...because I love the Lord, etc. But love is a hard thing for me to grasp. I don't understand it at all. Another reason for Valentines day to be an interesting holiday for me. I don't understand what it is that makes a group of people sacrifice so much for someone else.

I feel a little caloused, but I don't think I love anyone. Including myself. I try to love, I try to do the things that people that care would do. I have gotten fairly good at it...but deep down I know it's all just a fraud. I'm really not this good person that everyone thinks I am, I'm really not that smart, I'm really not that sanctimonious. I'm just trying to be the best I can. I suppose you could say that I'm trying to walk where Jesus walked, except I don't think about him nearly as much as I should. Or really need to in order to make that claim.

I do not think the same claim could be made of me as was made of one of my favorite men to have graced this earth, Neal A. Maxwell. He always lived tryed to be a disciple of The Christ. To walk as he walked, but he was much better at it than I am. But I am trying.

That leads into the next subject, what do other people see me as? I'm not sure, I know what I see myself as....and I have a hard time imagining someone who could see me as anything other than mediocre. What image do I present the world? Is that image the me I really am? Or am I the one I think I am? Are they just pretensions towards doing what a Christan should do, or are they the real desires of my heart made manifest? How do you do it? How does everyone else manage to get along fairly well, but I can't hardly tie my shoes without falling on my face?

4 comments:

Robert Anthony Pierce Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 12:50:00 AM GMT-7  

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Not blessed are the righteous. I know I love you because of your desires, and because you're a son of Heavenly Father and you remind me of him. Can you imagine if we loved people only for their virtues? I admire and trust you for your virtues. I can't say what I want to say. Shucks.

Kiki Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 12:43:00 PM GMT-7  

Wow. How eerie it is to find someone who expresses exactly the way you've been feeling recently. But I think it helps to realize that I'm not the only one who ever feels like that. Thanks. Oh, I'm >Kassidy<'s sister, if you're wondering who the heck I am.

Gregory Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 12:13:00 PM GMT-7  

Why are we here? To be tested, to try our best to be like our Creator. I haven't known you very long, but that seems to be you. You seem to be a fellow who is trying to be like Him. I often do things that I don't really want to do, but I know that God wants me to do them, and for me, that's good enough.

Wiggle Thursday, February 17, 2005 at 2:36:00 PM GMT-7  

If you have read my blog you will noticed that I have felt the same way. So I know where you are coming from. Quite honestly, I think you are a great guy, who has his priorities in order (as far as I can tell). I love to surround myself with people who have the spirit with them so strong that I can feel it, and Asmond, I love to be around you, really. If you ever need anyone to turn to I’m here for you.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP