Gas, Guts & Grandpa

>> Thursday, February 03, 2005

Well, today's been quite the day. It started first thing. When I left to go to school. I noticed that I was on 1/10th of a tank left of gas. Not nearly enough to get me around for the day. So...I decided to go get some...but all I had were eight quarters and a few dimes. So I pump my two dollars and sixty cents of gas into my car and cruise on up to the teller to pay. She looks at me, dressed in my suit and freezing my little hinie off and handing her 2.60 cents worth of change... and just starts laughing.

Okay, I can handle that.

Then I go to school. Did you know that if you drive slow so as to conserve gas at 7:30 in the morning people get mad at you? Plus...you get mad 'cause well, you're driving slow, and it just irks you that the guy in the 67 pinto beat you off the line. Or that the Mom with eight kids in a minivan has a greater top speed than you. Yeah, I hate driving slow.

First class is alright...except that I have this amazing ability to not allow girls to sit next to me. I'll be the first into a class room, look around, take a prime seat and wait...Sure enough not 30 seconds later some guy will come and sit down next to me...there are at least four rows with no one in them, and he sits in the chair RIGHT NEXT to me. What's up? I guess that's better than the...no one sits next to you one. Then you start questioning your breath, your B.O. meter...you wonder if you have an ugly shirt on that makes everyone think they will be thought less of for sitting next to you...Yeah, that bites.

Then it was off to my Career Explorations class...blah! We got to be in the library today, and the lady told us all about how neat the discover program as...for forty freaking minutes. Yes people I know how to find a cursed link! You don't need to show me four different ways to find the same webpage.

Then...and this I hesitate to talk about...but I got to visit a psychologist today. Something that most people don't know about me is that I actually should still be on a mission. Now, don't get me wrong. I still go to BYU and came home honorably. But deep down I feel like I copped out. I should have come home next Thursday(10th) so if I post one really angst filled blog that day...you'll know why. Anyway, I talked to the psych. who basically tried to convince me that who I am is not dependant upon what I do, yes I know this...but how do you get yourself to believe it? The session ran over time. Which made me late for the next treasure of this wonderful day's activities.

My Rating Session. Yes, I applied to work at the MTC, I loved missionary work...I loved teaching anyway and it's just about the only thing that kept me going...and I want to teach again. Something TO said comes to mind though...this is faaar too well read for me to post indiscriminately. So, yeah, it was a good experience and I loved feeling the spirit of that campus again. It made me warm.

Next of course, was Japanese. By this point in time I've gotten sick of people asking me why I'm dressed up and I started giving them all sorts of different reasons, "Gotta look good when you take over the world, what would the press think?" "Well, I wanted to pull one of those superman tricks..and you really need a button up shirt for that...wana see?" One that I thought about using...but which seems just a little too close to home..."My grandma died." My grandpa isn't doing so hot, he's loosing the skirmish of life. 40 years of diabetes, and two years of some mental problems. We're all kinda just waiting for him to go. It's his time.

Wow, this has taken a distinctively more...serious twist. On the plus side I got to talk to the Smurfs for a bit on IM today. That was awesome, excited for tomorrow night. I guess the question of the day is...do most people have days where everything just seems like it would make an awesome story? I mean...It just seems like life is full of characters that are just waiting to be put into the pen and paper of immortalized fiction. Very, Chaucer like. Anyway, Sayonara.

1 comments:

Jokey Smurf Friday, February 4, 2005 at 10:20:00 AM GMT-7  

I always have a million things to comment on with your blog. But I already did when we talked last. Just wanted to say you're freakin; cool. Okay, bye.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP