The Value of a Life

>> Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I took a test today, you know one of those stupid ones about what kind of person you are. One of the question, "Would you rather die, or let 10 random other people in the world die?" "A thousand?" I put yes, I'd die so that 10 or 1,000 others could live. But then I thought about it. How much am I worth?

Being someone who understands that the Gospel has been restored someone who can influence others to follow that path, is my life of more value than ten people who don't believe? Who don't follow? Ten murders? Ten children? Ten old men with one foot in the grave as it is? How much am I worth?

How much good is there to be gained by allowing them to pass onto the next world and allow me to stay here and preach the gospel to those who are also left to learn. Which is more important? Which choice should be made, yourself with all the flaws, and frailties, all the strengths and faiths; or the nameless masses? What happens when those ten become faces? When it's Renee the gentleman I baptized in my last area? When it's my sister? My child? My friend? My wife? How much does God value my life? How much repentance do I need to do to repay all the lost moments of my life where I forgot to be the brother, the saint I should have been?

I'm in a hurry to get things done. But it's all for me, I never look around and ponder, what can I do for my brother, whom I worry about. Or my sister who I can see walking the same dark steps I walked. Is it better that one man should LIVE than that a nation should dwindle in unbelief?

-Asmond

3 comments:

Panini Thursday, December 8, 2005 at 3:51:00 PM GMT-7  

well...if the people are "random"...
:)

Anonymous Sunday, December 11, 2005 at 12:37:00 AM GMT-7  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jokey Smurf Monday, December 12, 2005 at 4:12:00 AM GMT-7  

You know, I think you bring up some good points. But only by actually going out and sharing what you have could you make the argumant that your life is more valuable because you have the gospel.

I believe the one whose life is most valuable of all is the saint who lays down his life for the sinner. How valuable would your testimony be if you allowed others to die in your stead, when you had the choice? Can you really say that your staying alive will bring a thousand people to the gospel? Are you working in that direction? I'm asking myself as well as you.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP