Two Weeks Notice

>> Saturday, December 24, 2005

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've been thinking about the things that I need to do with my life, and how exactly I'm going to accomplish them. I've come to a few conclusions:

1. I cannot do all the things I want to do and still have a happy fulfilling life.
2. I cannot continue to do what I want to do or else I will never do what I need to do.
3. God has waited long enough, and I need to stop stalling.
4. I do not have the funds to make it through next semester without a job.

What does that mean?

Well, it means that I'm going to have to take some steps.

First, a breakdown of what I do with my time: Blog, BB, and C-Gaming; School; Church; Work; Social life-dating, hanging out with 'the guys.' In that list only the first category can go, and since it takes up the majority of my time as is...it's going to have to go. To that end, I am officially turning in my two weeks notice. Two weeks from today, on January the 6th, my blog will be erased. My BB account will be erased and I my Video games will be either returned to my home where they will be brought out on special occasions or sold.

Second, this has been solved by fixing #1.

Third, Part of #2, the time spent Blogging/BBing will now be spent doing homework and reading the scriptures; and if I get really ambitious...praying.

Four, I will get a job, hopefully an AM janitorial position, this will cause me to keep a regular schedule. I need this.

To quote, "I want to do great things, I just don't want to do them alone." If I continue down the path I am currently treading it will only lead to loneliness and despair. My only hope of salvaging something from my life is to stand and fight against the forces that are slowly sucking away my will to live outside of the four walls that are the edges of my computer screen. I will continue to write, I will continue to read a few blogs (read: My roomies and possibly girls to whom I am attracted) I will not post here. I will go to all three hours of church. I will go on a date every other week. I will stop my self-depreciating habits and begin to look for things that will benefit those around me. I will volunteer somewhere, hopefully somewhere that I can read to little children.

This is harder than I thought it would be to write...but I've always said no secrets, so... I will begin going to counseling again. I will attempt to have emotional attachment to people. I will do all of my school work early or on time. I will miss you all. I will never forget you. I will continue to write...but it will probably be on my story, instead of on here.

I will pray.

I will mean what I pray.

I will cry.

Thanks to everyone who gave so much to me here, I'm sorry I have to leave...but I hope you will understand.

-Asmond
(Cameron Boyce)

9 comments:

Braden Saturday, December 24, 2005 at 8:14:00 AM GMT-7  

Don't erase your blog, please, Asmond. If you can't handle the temptation to post, I'll change the password for you to something I won't give you.

Also, ummm, does this mean you're taking back the SNES and N64? And AOE3?

Other than that, it all sounds great. I'm impressed, bro. Good luck with this.

Thirdmango Saturday, December 24, 2005 at 7:37:00 PM GMT-7  

One thing I thought I'd mention is, a couple of my friends do this but they guilt themselves into dating every week. I really don't think you should do that. Don't motivate it by guilt otherwise you may make a wrong desicion at a wrong time because guilt says you should. So be careful. I agree with Braden too, it's like taking your journal and ripping it to shreds. There goes part of your life.

As for the video games I'll be willing to buy some off ya if you do want to sell them.

Good luck.

Thirdmango Saturday, December 24, 2005 at 8:26:00 PM GMT-7  

I thought of one other thing. Be wary of the cold turkey syndrome. You might go crazy by quitting cold turkey. Be careful.

Morgan Monday, December 26, 2005 at 12:30:00 AM GMT-7  

Oh Cam:

I love you. Although it's probably not allowed, you're the coolest. I wish I could help you and reach you somehow. Good luck, and know someone's praying with/for you.


Morgs

Saule Cogneur Monday, December 26, 2005 at 9:38:00 PM GMT-7  

I must advocate Matt Stone's stance that the "all or nothing" approach is the easy way out. Nevertheless, you've also go to know your limits. If your're set on throwing in the towel, good luck with everything. It's been a pleasure knowing you.

Wiggle Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 4:08:00 AM GMT-7  

You will be missed. But i understand, somtimes you gotta to what you gotta do. Good luck!

ambrosia ananas Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 4:55:00 PM GMT-7  

Please save the writing you've done here. You've got some good stuff.

Item 1--ten points for the use of "depreciating."

Item 2--Good for you. Best of luck on this. Also, I would recommend getting a job with a set schedule but not early-morning janitorial, unless you're planning on going to bed around 8:00 every night. Get something with a less sucky schedule where they'll pay you more for your skills.

Krystal Sunday, January 1, 2006 at 9:54:00 AM GMT-7  

Captain Jax said they'll hire you at his store, so go on in.

As for your choices, i wish I had the guts you had to do those things in my life. . .or the personal resolve. I'll miss reading your posts

Katherine Sunday, January 1, 2006 at 5:33:00 PM GMT-7  

I've enjoyed reading your blog and will miss your thoughts and insights, but I admire your resolve and wish you the best of luck with everything.

And I'm always up for eating and things like that.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP