The Drive

>> Saturday, June 28, 2008

My favorite part about living as far away from the epicenter of my social life is the drive home. Summer nights in Utah are something I'll never get out of my system. The day so hot and demanding turns cool, and as you drive past yards you can feel the wetness in the air as people water their lawns. My drive home takes me through a largely rural area. As rural as you can get without ever leaving Provo and Orem city boundaries anyway. The scent of the wet loam (I'm not really sure I can use the term Loam in this instance... I feel like I haven't baled enough hay to earn that right) fills me with joy. The wind rushing through my hair and against my face... If I could say that happiness had a physical representation, it would be that. Driving down a rural road in Utah at night with the windows down and a good song on the radio.

1 comments:

austinmcraig Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 10:52:00 PM GMT-7  

I'm finishing up Into the Wild, have you read it? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think you'd like the book. Haunting and sad, but I think you'd like it. This post made me think that.
I'm sorry I didn't call you back on my birthday. Glad you're enjoying the beautiful UT summer.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP