I should be doing homework

>> Saturday, May 20, 2006

First, I'd like to say that I went to my first live sealing yesterday. I was terrified, if I didn't have the ring, I doubt I'd have gone. I'm not really sure why I don't want to be around people who are getting married but I don't. It was an old friend from highschool who asked me to be his bestman. Not too bad of a deal, in a mormon wedding the best man does little to nothing. I held the ring, I decorated the car and otherwise sat around and looked pretty.

It was also the first time I've been inside a temple in at least six months.

It's been a long year. I wish I could ask forgiveness for the other wedding I should have gone to, and didn't. But I can't, I was too afraid. I'm not afraid of the ceremony I suppose, but rather the temple itself, the commitments made there. I doubt I'll ever be able to do that. Gosh, yesterday at the reception as it was winding down I found myself playing with the four year old cousin because I felt like a piece of meat to be brokered out to the girls out there. So the little girl protected me. I'm sorry Rock Flower. Sorry to everyone else too.

-Asmond

4 comments:

Th. Sunday, May 21, 2006 at 2:01:00 AM GMT-7  

.

Let's face it. At a wedding, your best hope for company is usually a four-year-old anyway. Congratualtions on finding one!

Krystal Monday, May 22, 2006 at 4:38:00 PM GMT-7  

all is forgiven

Krystal Monday, May 22, 2006 at 5:05:00 PM GMT-7  

although we both missed you and wish you were there. Call us some time

Th. Sunday, May 28, 2006 at 11:31:00 PM GMT-7  

.

You should be....

And apparently you are.

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP