Catch-a-Cougar

>> Friday, January 28, 2005

Well, my first attempt at loading a post failed utterly so here goes again.

The other night I was visiting a friend and three attractive girls came to the door and asked us if we wanted some free ice cream. Well, my friend and I are by far not the smartest chaps on campus, but we aren't stupid. So of course we agreed. (By the way...Aubrey if you're reading this...give me a call.) After a while we finished our Ice Cream (from the CONE) and talked for about an hour; at the end of which we all decided to part ways.

Now, this is by far and away one of the greatest experiences of my life, I mean really! How often do cute girls ask you to go on a date? What amazes me even more about this whole experience is the fact that before they got to 'our' door, they were rejected by SEVERAL of the other men in the apartment complex. Why you may ask and it is a good question. I remember hearing several reasons, but the top two winners of an excuses are thus: Nintendo and Alias.

Okay, do I really need to talk about Nintendo? I mean...if you're passing up a date so that you can play a two-player game of Halo 2, well, perhaps there is something wrong with you. The second is Alias, yes Jennifer is cute, but she is also unattainable. It's the same concept as pre-mission dating; you're just spending money on another man's wife. With Alias all you're doing is spending time on another man's wife. Not to say we shouldn't shoot for the stars...I just don't think that means Hollywood. Lets go for the attainable.

Just a question out into the void, why do we pass up good things for okay things?

0 comments:

About This Blog

tracker

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP